Protection from rogue software, spyware and malware by isolating your browser, PDF reader, and applications in a sandbox
- Run programs in a sandbox to prevent rogue software, unwanted programs, spyware, viruses, worms, and other malware from making permanent changes to your machine
- Protect yourself from a wide variety of attacks - ranging from botnets to banking Trojans and ransomware to run of the mill viruses
- Configure your own sandboxes to meet your specific needs - install new software directly into a sandbox, run multiple copies of the same on-line game, turn a single-instance application into a multi-user application
These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 4.12:
- There is a new EULA (license.txt)
- Fixed Chrome 37/38 crash error C0000008 (invalid handle).
- Fixed Chrome 38-64 hang (web page unresponsive).
- Fixed Chrome hang when printing to PDF.
- Browsers can now access Internet when using McAfee SaaS
- Fixed Silverlight crash in Win 8.1 (http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=18513)
- Fixed Excel crash when copying large amounts of data.
- Sandboxie now has language support for Farsi (Persian).
- The auto-update feature only checked the next update time (sandbox.ini setting SbieCtrl_NextUpdateCheck) 1 time when SbieCtrl.exe was started. If SbieCtrl.exe was kept running, it would never check the update time again.
- Several large memory leaks (reported by Dr. Larry Pepper et al.) have been fixed. http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18412
- ASLR is now enabled for SbieDll.dll 32 bit (64 bit will come later).
- OpenIpcPath=\BaseNamedObjects\FontCachePort is now in templates.ini as a default. Until now, this was a suggested work-around for some Chrome 37 problems.
- Added hook for GetProcessImageFileName/NtQueryInformationProcess so it now returns the sandboxed path.
- Improvements to the Dutch language text.
- The SbieSvc startup time has been increased from 5 seconds to 15 seconds to eliminate the following sequence of startup errors:
- Malware DarkComet is using a quirk in Windows to put up a MessageBox that does not have the sandboxed yellow window border. This poses no security risk, but to prevent user concern, this has been fixed.
- Special flag added to OpenWinClass to restore Buster Sandbox Analyzer (BSA) message logging. /IgnoreUIPI allows low integrity sandboxed processes to send WM_COPYDATA msgs to windows in higher integrity processes.
- Fixed Sandboxed cmd.exe crash if window title > 256 chars. (http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19089)
- Fixed kernel memory leak in SandboxieCrypto http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15820
- The combined installer SandboxieInstall.exe now checks for the VC Redistributables DLLs Sandboxie requires. If they are not up to date (10.0.40219.325), the installer will download and install the VC Redist. from sandboxie.com.
If SandboxieInstall.exe tries to download the VC Redistributables and fails, there is now a retry option.To clarify: SandboxieInstall.exe does not contain MS VC DLLs. If they are not already installed or are not up to date, the installer will download the VC Redist. installer package and execute it. SandboxieInstall32.exe & SandboxieInstall64.exe contain the DLLs Sandboxie requires. If they are not installed or are not up to date, the installer copies the ones required into system32. The VC Redist. installer is not downloaded or executed.
Supported Operating Systems: WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, Win8, Win8 x64