FreeFixer v1.12 is a general purpose removal tool which will help you to delete potentially unwanted software, such as adware, spyware, trojans, viruses and worms. FreeFixer works by scanning a large number of locations where unwanted software has a known record of appearing or leaving traces. The scan locations include the programs that run on your computer, the programs that starts when you reboot your computer, your browser's plug-ins, your home page setting, etc.
FreeFixer v1.12 does not know what is unwanted, so it presents the scan result and it's up to you decide if some file should be removed and if some settings should restored to their default value. Please be careful! If you delete a legitimate file you may damage your computer. To assist you when determining if anything should be removed you can find more information at FreeFixer's web site for each item in the scan result. You can for example see what other users chose to do in the same situation and act accordingly.
- FreeFixer now scans Google Chrome Extensions
- FreeFixer's plain text log now includes the name of the signer for each file. For example: "signer: ClientConnect LTD [valid]" or "signer: [unsigned]" if the file is unsigned.
- Added additional items to FreeFixer's whitelist:
- AVAST Software a.s.
- BitDefender SRL
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- Intel Corporation - Intel® Management Engine Firmware
- Intel Corporation - Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
- Intel Corporation - Mobile Wireless Group
- Intel Corporation - Software and Firmware Products
- Intel Corporation - pGFX
- Intel Corporation-Mobile Wireless Group
- Intel(R) Software
- Intel® Services Manager
- Intel® Upgrade Service
- Logitech, Inc.
- Microsoft Dynamic Code Publisher
- Microsoft Windows Early Launch Anti-malware Publisher
- Piriform Ltd
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD.
- SANDBOXIE L.T.D
- Webroot Inc.
Supported Operating Systems: Win2000, WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, Win8, Win8 x64, Win8.1
System Requirements: not specific