ClamWin is a Free Antivirus program for Microsoft Windows 8/ 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003. ClamWin Free AntiVirus for Windows is using the well respected ClamAV scanning engine.
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Scanning Scheduler;
- Automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database.
- Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.
This release updates ClamAV scanning engine to the latest version and brings following improvements:
- Added support for Office Open XML files
- Fixed a bug in Outlook scanning module introduced in 0.98.4 release
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements
Supported Operating Systems: Win98, WinMe, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Win2000, WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinOther, WinServer, Win8, Win8 x64
Program Limitations: <p><strong>Note:</strong> Ask Search toolbar is included with ClamWin Free Antivirus installation as an optional component. ClamWin will run perfectly well whether you choose to install/not install the optional Ask toolbar. Please watch the installation carefully to install/opt out Ask Toolbar option while doing the ClamWin installation.</p> <p>For more details, about this ask.com toolbar integration with ClamWin, please visit, <a href="http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/214/1/" target="_blank">http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/214/1/</a></p>